School Holiday Minimum Booking Rules
In order that all member families are treated equally and fairly during school holidays the following guidelines will be strictly followed this season.
The booking rules and rates will be strictly applied (refer minimum booking guide).
School Holiday Bookings commence on the 15th February and allocation on the 15th March. You can make a booking any time during this month. Allocation of space is NOT based on “first come first served” (see below for booking preferences).
- A School holiday booking can only be made by an “active member”. That is a member who has paid their active membership subscriptions.
- A School holiday booking can only be made on line using the “School Holiday Booking” form on the club web site. This provides a backup copy in case of any inconsistencies: www.agcski.com.au
- School Holiday bookings MUST have a minimum of two preferences to be a valid booking. All school holiday bookings with only one preference will not be accepted. Please note this is an automated process by the web site soft ware.
- A valid School Holiday booking is a full week booking (7 days - Sunday to Sunday). Normal cancellation policies will apply.
- Once a booking is made it is the responsibility of the member to make a copy of the booking and if they haven’t heard from the club one week after bookings close, it is their responsibility to follow up with the secretary.
- Because of the demand for space during school holidays, and in order that full family memberships get priority (that is two memberships in the one family), we are unable to give non-member spouses/partners any priority unless space is available.
- No member should book for another member during the school holiday period as in some cases over the years discrepancies and disagreement have arisen due to lack of documentation. Unfortunately this means we cannot guarantee a booking unless made by the actual member.
- Only one week can be booked by a member during the school holiday weeks (unless demand permits). If separate bookings are made by a member and member partner it will be treated as “one” booking.
- In order to try and accommodate as many members as practicable there is a possibility that some rooms may billet three family members during school holidays. This will be advised to the member. The Room rate plus a supplementary charge of $100.00 per night for the extra person will be levied.
- Because of insurance issues we cannot accept a booking for unaccompanied children (under 18 years of age). All children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a member parent or guardian.
- Because we wish to treat all members equally, “school races” or “wanting to go the same week as another member’s family” is not necessarily considered in the allocation of school holiday bookings unless space is available. We will always try and accommodate any reasonable request.
ACCOMMODATION ALLOCATION PROCESS
Accommodation is allocated on your preference history.
- If you received your first date preference the last time you booked school holidays you may be allocated either your second or third preference depending on the demand.
- If the demand is too high for second preferences then the longer standing member will get priority.
- If this is your first time booking or you received your second or third date preference the last time you booked school holidays we will endeavour to allocate your first preference.
- if one week is overbooked and there are too many families who are to be assigned their first preference the members that have had more first preferences over the last 5 seasons will be allocated their second preference.
- If there are still issues after allocating all preferences detailed above longer standing members will get priority.
After midnight on the 15th March no further school holiday bookings will be taken until after allocation of the current bookings has finalised and then the normal school holiday and season booking process will be in place.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Booking allocation will be completed within seven (7) days of bookings closing. Once allocation has been made you will be notified of your allocated preference by email.
Acceptance of the allocation MUST be advised to the club by return email within 14 days after notification (by the latest 30th March).
If this advice of acceptance is not received within these two weeks it will be automatically assumed that you do not wish these dates and the dates will be released to the next member. We will always endeavour to contact you prior to cancelling your booking.
Once this process has been completed a Confirmation Notice will be forwarded by email and the normal “security deposit” will be payable.
COMMUNICATION: All guidelines, reminders, accommodation details/dates and confirmations are sent to members via email. Due to changing email addresses and mail box settings in members computers we cannot guarantee service of this information, consequently it is the members responsibility to keep their email addresses up to date and follow up all booking dates.
Please make sure you are familiar with HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING